Anyone licensed to practice law, a paralegal who meets the guidelines or an active law student may become a member of the Evansville Bar Association. The EBA is committed to providing the level of services to our members necessary to enhance their professional skills, ability to practice, and quality of life. As a member of the Evansville Bar Association you will have access to:
- Continuing Legal Education presented by the EBA, at a reduced cost to EBA members.
- Continuing Legal Education presented via recording by EBA or ICLEF, at the EBA Office.
- THE SUMMATION, the monthly publication of the EBA.
- The EBA Web Directory, a directory and guide to the practice of law in our community.
- The Lawyer Referral Service, which responds to nearly 3,000 calls per year.
- Luncheon meetings on various topics, as well as other social events throughout the year.
- An attorney, paralegal and legal secretarial placement service
- Sections and Committees on the Practice of Law, and other vital concerns of our members, including:
Bankruptcy & Commercial Law
Bench & Bar
Continuing Legal Education
Probate, Elder Law and Guardianship
- Discounted copying charges in the Law Library.
- Use of conference rooms in the EBA Office.
- Use of the EBA Logo on any professional brochures.
- A wide variety of programs for the young and/or new Attorney, including the annual "Boot Camp" and necessary CLE needed to meet state requirements.
Cost for EBA membership is as follows:
|Admitted to practice over 3 years
|Admitted to practice 1 to 3 years
|Admitted to practice less than 1 year
|Paralegal Associate Member
Retired from Active Practice